CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Desertsky Susan - Rule 4

I can only go this far until my printer has ink, which won't be until after the first of April - no joke.  So here's the block, minus pictures of Lincoln and Mary Todd in positive-negative frames on either side of the flowers.  I chose a fabric I thought might resemble the wallpapers of the time, and made a bookshelf across the block.  The vase is needle-turn applique and the flowers are broderie perse with a small machine blanket stitch.

<center>

6 comments:

Marie said...

I love the fabric and your flowers and vase are perfect. I look forward to seeing the rest of it in April.

Moira said...

Love the block so far! Can't wait till you can get the rest of it done. =)

Annmarie said...

Looks good so far - can't wait to see the whole thing!

Ann T. said...

WOW! I love the fabric and the vase of flowers. Can't wait to see the pictures in the bookshelf. I am guessing you will put them on each side of the vase?
Good luck on rule 5. Hope you have started that while you wait for your printer ink.

dq said...

I am SO SO glad you posted what you could. It will be fun to see this finished piece next to thke rest of your wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

That was kinda like a teaser. You have me wanting to see the rest. Can't wait!