CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hello from Deana

Hi everyone!  I want to start by thanking all of you for joining in on this adventure.  It is gutsy to agree to make a quilt when you don't even know what it will look like.  Honestly, I don't exactly know either because I am designing one month at a time.

The quilting me:
I have been quilting for 20+ years, designing for about 15, and blogging for about 10.  I love to design and create.  I like to try any and all techniques because I love to learn. I love quilters because they are the kindest people EVER!  My dream job would be to get back into teaching quilting techniques.  Perhaps some day.  I love all fabric colors and generally favor autumn colors, but lately I am into brighter things.  I love quilts with LOTS of different fabrics in them and color coordinated scrappy ones.

The teacher me:
I am a secondary teacher who has been helping adults earn their GED or high school diploma for over 10 years.  I began my real love, teaching at the junior high, just two years ago.  I just LOVE teens.  I teach computer technology which is a class that teens like, so it makes my job easier.

The real me:
I am married to my sweetheart of 23 years and have 3 wonderful children.  My eldest daughter is serving a church mission in Russia, my second daughter is at college, and my son is a junior in high school.  Oh yeah, and I am pretty short - 5 ft tall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you refer to your family as "the real me". So nice to learn a few more bits about all your "me" aspects.