This morning I got the final borders on and all seams pressed. I really like how it turned out. It is larger than I had planned, It will fit a double bed instead of being a throw, but it will still work as a throw, and cover well.
The colors aren't very good, as my i-pad and camera both have dead batteries and I used my phone camera. The other side is red and white strips the full length, as shown on the pattern.
I will be using the left over fabric from the blue and the white stars, as well as the same pattern in red. I also have some of the border stars that I will add somewhere too, with the "celebrate" fabric to tie it in.
This has been a very fun project and am glad I joined in. My stash of fat quarters for the project is partially used up, and I probably could do a small wall hanging or something with what I have left over. I will have to think about that one for the future.