Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cathy - Flower Blocks Done

Deana, my friend,  I love your designs, but these gave me fits!  Lol....always a challenge.  These are my first blocks.  I messed up using my 60 degree ruler and so they had to be trimmed to size.  Therefore,  I'll be keeping both of these blocks.

After that, I got the ruler working right and the centers are measuring a perfect 5-1/2" but those side triangles are not my friends.  But I think they'll work.  I'm keeping the top on of the next set and swapping the bottom. 

Today I tried again.  Same issues as last night.  But I can make them work.  I'm keeping the top left one and the yellow one under it and am swapping the rest.

I hope they work for whoever gets them!  These are making me nervous!  :)



dq said...

Yay, you got them done! Don't stress, I'm sure they will be fine. I would take one.

Jo said...

Wow. You had a bit of trouble getting the measurements right.mwell done to you for the amount you got sewn. They look great.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I am glad I wasn't the only one who had problems making this block. I thought it was just me, so I understand Cathy and I didn't have the ruler, just the templates Deanna provided. I gave up after making 2 blocks and then made 2 more simplified blocks. I am much, much better at fusible applique with blanket stitching by hand or machine. I think I am out of practice with my piecing, lol.

Ann T. said...

Cathy, they all look great to me. I had "challenges" making mine, too!

Cathy said...

I think that if I just cut like 2-1/2" strips and sewed them on the forners, then trimmed them to size, they'd be better. May still do that. The height of the blocks is fine. Glad I'm not the only one!