CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Daryl's September Good Vibrations Quilt Blocks

I made my blocks all applique as paper piecing wasn't working for me and I enjoy applique so much better. I made the first one using the fusible interfacing method of needle turn and those small pieces were so much harder to do that way. So the next block I decided I would do all fusible web and hand blanket stitch. That worked, but I did like the look of the needle turn sewing machine, so on the third block I did the sewing machine needle turn and the smaller pieces were fused and hand blanket stitched. The third method I like the best and I will stick with that one. I found a cute selvage that says Garden Song that I thought was just perfect for adding to the blocks. I also added the thread coming off the spool and instead of fabric, I embroidered thread on the spool to make it look like a spool of thread. Here are my September blocks~
All 3 blocks I made. I didn't realize that I had made the fusible web block facing to the right, but you know I kind of like not having all the machines facing the same way, so I may alternate how they face as I make some more
This was the first block all needle turn applique.
Block #2 is all fusible web with hand blanket stitching.
Block #3 is needle turn sewing machine and the rest is fused with hand blanket stitching. Since this is the way I will be sewing all my blocks from now on, this is the block that I will be swapping.

8 comments:

Jo said...

I really like your block 1. Well done on completing 3 blocks. I have just machined 4 blocks and now for the hand stitching

dq said...

I love your fabric selections. They look great!

dq said...

I also love the way you did your thread.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Great fabric choices. Your machines are really cute.

Anonymous said...

I also love your fabric, especially the first one, and I'm not a fan of pink. I think it's the size of the flowers that seems perfect and crisp against the white.

tealeafquilts said...

Signed up for this and already behind.

Ann T. said...

Daryl, those turned out very cute. The paper piecing takes practice. It is a technique that some people love and others hate. (Deana can attest to that. Ha Ha)

Vickie said...

Love your blocks, I really like the thread you added too. I haven't decided on the names for my machines yet.