CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2014

Introduction from Cheryl

Hi I'm Cheryl from Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting.  I'm a misplaced Texan, living in Illinois.  I am married (27 years later this month) and have 2 sons, one living in Alaska.  I've been quilting since 2001, and started teaching beginning quilting at my church this year.  I also collect, and USE vintage sewing machines.  I have 5 treadles, and WAY too many other machines.  I'm not allowed to count how many, or else hubby says I can't collect any more machines.

I have participated in many block exchanges, but, I've never done a mystery quilt before.  I need to SEE what I'm making, not just follow directions.  This mystery lets me SEE what we are making.

I sew lots of charity quilts and tops.  Mainly for Quilts of Valor.  I'm just learning machine quilting (straight line, not free motion) and have hand quilted most of my quilts in the past (love it, but, it takes way too long to get anything finished). 

No comments: