CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Correcting A Stupid Mistake

This is my second post this month.
I was so happy I had completed 5 Rotary blocks by the second week of the month. You know how time flies and sometimes your sewing gets out of control and at the end of the month you are diligently working on BOM's that need attention. 
Completing my blocks made me feel accomplished and satisfied. 
Well after my earlier post of my Rotary's, Deana contacted me on the side and mentioned that I orientated my blocks incorrectly. I thought I would have to deconstruct all those blocks but she came up with a suggestion to add one more (6) and the math would work out. (See photo above) So I made 2 more blocks. A correctly orientated block to trade and an additional incorrect block to keep. 
These are my two new blocks. See the difference? 
I will be trading the one on the left.

I am forever grateful to Deana for her suggestion. I love my Seam Ripper but it is one tool I seem to over use. So watch out girls, it was an easy mistake that could really have taken quite a long time to correct. Read the instructions twice and sew once.

This is really a great fun quilt, I can hardly wait until the next offering is posted.
Enjoy your sewing.

Deana's note:  
The difference between the two blocks is this:  The block needs to be 10 1/2" TALL by 12 1/2" WIDE.  She placed the rotary cutter so it was the opposite way.  It is an easy mistake to make, so double check before you applique the flower down.  All swap blocks must be oriented in the same direction as instructed.

Jules

6 comments:

Ann T. said...

Easy mistake to make, and a great fix! I love how you are putting them together!

Cathy said...

I love how the blocks look with the sewing machines! Too cute!

dq said...

Good job Jules! You certainly got that "fix" taken care of quickly. I LOVE the fabrics in your new block and I LOVE seeing the rows photographed together.

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth, no, I don't see a difference. =) Either one would be welcome at my house.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like how they look, under the machines.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your 'fix' is vey nice. It's especially nice because you don't have to deconstruct those blocks. I LOVE the way your quilt looks so far.
Kathi