CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rotaries in Bloom Quilt Blocks

I finished my Rotaries in Bloom Blocks right away, but wasn't sure what I was going to do for the "rotary blade". Deana suggests using a metal washer and sewing a black button on top. I was going to to do that, but then I decided to fuse silver lame' on as the blade. Since I know this quilt will be a wall quilt and not be washed, I thought that using lame' would be fine. I just need to stitch the blades in place on my blocks. I photographed these with the lame' and button just sitting on top and not stitched down yet. The block I am trading will not have the blade because I do not know who will be receiving my block yet and whether or not they will be washing their quilt, so I will let the recipient add their own blade to this block. I made 5 blocks and will swap one block.



The block above is the block I will be swapping.

  

5 comments:

dq said...

Oh my word! So darn cute, Daryl! Are you swapping one of the yellow ones at the bottom?

Cathy said...

Love!!! I really hope I can work on mine this weekend. They are too cute!

Ann T. said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE. Love them all.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I like your lame idea. Is it cotton lame? That would be washable.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Great idea with the silver! Maybe I'll do that for a photo.... mines done except the blade.