CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ann Marie's clue #2

Ok here is block #2 a star in a star using star in a star fabric I found, and purple fabric with stars too!  This entire block started out completely different, and ended like this. It is all machine appliqued on, I just wish I had know I was appliqueing before the pieces were cut so I cut of put some Steam-A-Seam on the back, I cheated by using little squares and keeping my fingers crossed for the best when sewing all those pieces on. I think it has a fun and funky feel to it, and it didn't give me problems like the first one did. I have decided I am going to try something new on every step with this quilt, so by the time we are done, I should have learned A LOT!


 Here are both blocks sewn together............

7 comments:

dq said...

WOW! Wow Wow Wow! The flower is gorgeous and looks fabulous next to block 1. I also like the way you snuck in that pieced little hexagon.

dq said...

I also wanted to comment on your rectangle rule useage. You must have chosen to showcase your theme using applique'. Did you design that beautiful flower or find it somewhere? It looks like it is being ruffled by the wind.

Ann T. said...

LOVE IT!!! Your little hexagon is cute, and sits there so nicely. I seriously LOVE your star flower, and the fabric is sensational! What a find!!!

Annmarie said...

How creative - even if it wasn't what you planned - lol. Love your colors.

Marie said...

Nice block. I love the flower design, and the way you used the hexagon.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

The flower happened by accident. I had a bunch of feathers I had cut with the GO! trying out the new die I got, and when I threw them all on the table it kinda looked like that, and I played with them. What is really funny is the first block......that star in a star in the middle is a HEXAGON!

Anonymous said...

I love your explanation of your design process! They look awesome together.