CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Susan Signing in - Desertsky

Or sometimes referred to as Dezertsuz because of my gmail. I'm not a Dorinda. But I love the idea of what they are doing, not just this mystery, but the Dorinda quilt.

My theme is Civil War. I've wanted to do something to mark the sesquicentennial of the start of the war, but I wasn't sure what. This should fit the bill nicely! Thank you so much for a great idea for an anti-mystery quilter!

I will be using fabrics from my civil war fabric stash, and a lot of that is brown (more is in storage in CA, but I can't get there from TN right now!), so I guess I'm going to have a very brown and red quilt!

I can hardly wait until we start. Now I have to go add this to my January calendar schedule - my attempt to get myself organized for the year!

3 comments:

Ann T. said...

Thanks for posting. We want to hear from everyone who is joining us.

Marie said...

Welcome. I've been dreaming of doing a civil war quilt some time so I'll be interested to see what you do. It's a great theme. Isn't it fun to see the variety of themes that we have. It will be fun for sure.

dq said...

I love Civil War fabrics and hope to get a collection together for a quilt someday.

Your vision for my quilted barn sounds like my vision -- yes, I hope to put some quilts on the sides or roofs.