CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Block #1 done: Deana's Quilted Barn

Can you see my flying geese?  There are 22.

 
I finally finished my first block.  The silo is paper-pieced.  It has 154 pieces in it so far and will have more when I complete it in another section to be added to the bottom.  I painted the top of the silo with fabric paints and did threadwork for the tree and bird.  I will maybe add some leaves later because I want an early autumn look.  The barn is paper pieced also.  I added the hexagon shaped window after rule #2 came out so this window would match the second block.

SO MUCH FUN!!!


9 comments:

Annmarie said...

WOW- that silo is AWESOME - great job!

Marie said...

AMAZING!!!! What more can I say.

Tamera said...

That is AMAZING! The change in size of the flying geese and HST on the silo is brilliant!

dorine said...

That is going to be so beautiful. I love how you made your block to be added to in later rules. It is really beautiful!

Ann T. said...

I LOVE IT. Yes, you are amazing, as well as the block. Love everything about it!!! Have fun with block 2 and good luck to your son this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Amazing block!

Betty C said...

Wow. I am speechless. I can't wait to see how this continues.

Tracy said...

I really enjoy looking at your block. You have created a work of art. What a talent you have, and share it so willingly.

lynne said...

that is TOTALLY LEGIT! around here, that is slang for the highest compliment that a teen can give.