CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scarecrow 1

Here is the first of my Scarecrow quilt.  Scarecrow is machine embroidered and you can see how weak in the knees he is from reading my UFO list.
I made ordinary Flying Geese and trimmed the corners off.   I sewed those trimmings together and put them in rows.  I offset them on purpose but after it was done I had second thoughts about it.  Oh well.  I am ready for the next round.  (I am pleased that I used the little triangles instead of throwing them away!  lol.)
Betty

10 comments:

dorine said...

Oh, its' darling! I love the offset corners. Good decision. And your weak-kneed scarecrow is so cute!

Unknown said...

Betty I just love you! That is how I feel about my UFO list also! Great block and wonderul work! But you know I am laughing, it is just too darn cute!
Carmen

Felicity said...

How fun is that... Cute!

dq said...

I love everything about it: the scarecrow, the sewing notions fabric, and everything!

Ann T. said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love it too.

Ann T. said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love it too.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Marie said...

I love your scarecrow. I also love the fabric you used. Nice way to incorporate the flying geese too.

Tamera said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see everyone's quilt develop!

Anonymous said...

What a great start that is. I can see it will be a very fun quilt.