CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birds Mystery-1st Block


Since my theme is birds, I couldn't resist making this goose block for the flying geese rule. The flying geese across the top represent (can you believe it?) flying geese! I did paper piecing on the flying geese. I tried to find a pattern I liked for the big goose but couldn't, so I just created my own. My son, Alan, a goose hunter, would be proud of me for using a goose decoy on the Cabela's site to guide me. My husband had a hard time seeing the goose until I had it all sewn together, then he had an aha moment and can now see it. Hope all of you can! What fun this is!!!

10 comments:

dq said...

Ok Dorine, You amaze me. We truly are kin because I could see me looking on the Cabela web site AND making a pattern from something I saw there. Yes, it definitely is a goose.

What a story to go with your first block!

I will send out release #2 to you right away.

Marie said...

I love your goose block. Yup, it works perfectly with the rules and with your theme, and it's cool to boot.

Marie said...

P.S. I love the way the center of the flower becomes the goose's eye. Good planning.

Tracy said...

What a perfect block selection. I love the goose. You inspire me to learn to design.

Ann T. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVEn it. What a gorgeous block. And we never know where our inspiration will come from, do we? How fun. And I agree with Marie on the flower being the eye, it is really striking!!!

Betty C said...

Wow. It is great. (Don't look at mine!)

Unknown said...

Wow Dorine, now your just showing off LOL Love that block, love that block! I have a friend that loves pp and your duck in the wild would be right up her alley!
ps, I think you went a geeser crazy, yes ROFL
Carmen in AK

Felicity said...

I can see the goose... I love it! Nice colors by the way.

Tamera said...

How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Cabela's comes in handy for all kinds of things. I buy my bead organizers there. They think they are selling bait and fish hook containers.