CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hi Everyone!


In the way of an introduction I will start off by saying my name is Carmen Thomas and I hale from the great Northernmost state of Alaska! My family and I transplanted ourselves to Soldotna, Alaska in the deep winter of 2000 from northern Illinois, Chicagoland to be exact. Coming from the hustle and bustle of city life to rural small town living here was quite the adjustment but I must tell you we have not regretted the move in the slightest. It is beautiful here and I now have 2 DDILs and 4 grandchildren living in the same town that I can see everyday.

I have been quilting for quite a spell and it never ceases to amaze me that I find new things to learn all the time :) I have been designing my own patterns for years as well as sewing others designs. Mysteries are just the greatest way to get know other quilters out here in cyberland and a constant source of enjoyment. It has been a while since I have had a mystery so grab me that I could not resist! This mystery is definitely one that has more than piqued my interest.

For my first step in this mystery I put my thinking cap on decided to do "Carmen's Favorite Things" and not use pink anywhere in it LOL For those who do not know me, pink has become my trademark since the birth of my first DGD, Lydia Rose. So, being in a state that often thought of as a perpetual deep freeze (which it is not), I designed a chilly little blue penguin, which I have named, Missy Chilly :) Can you spot the possibilities for the 4 flying geese? LOL I will add pics of my process and finished block in my next posting.
Thank you all for allowing me to join this fun venture! I can't wait to see what you all are doing!


Till next post, Carmen in Alaska

8 comments:

Ann T. said...

Welcome, and I see that I did not get to the email as fast as Dj, and you are one quick lady. The penguin is DARLING!!!. This will be such a fun project for us all.

dq said...

It will be so fun to see how your favorite things differ from Cathie's. I fell so in love with this theme, and yet, I LOVE them all!

lynne said...

carmen, i finally found 6 flying geese LOL i REALLY think it is a cute as can be and might have to "borrow" your pattern~love ya--your lil' "j.b." lynne

Felicity said...

Gotta love the penguin. Its totally cute!

Tracy said...

I just wanted to mention that myself and family spent a few days in Soldotna just this summer. We love it there!!

Marie said...

Welcome Carmen, we are happy to have you join us. The penguin is very clever and I can see 8 flying geese if you can count some that are part of another. I look forward to seeing more of your favorite things.

Unknown said...

LOL on the "8" flying geese! I had a tough time trying to decide how to divvy them up for cutting which was made harder by the fact that my little 3 year old helper, Lydia, decided she like a different blue AFTER I cut the first choice! Kids, gotta luv 'em, ey? :) Don't know who is having more fun with this me or Lydia! LOL

Anonymous said...

Love your use of the flying geese. That's different! Welcome to the group!