CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

New to the mystery



Hi - I've just joined in on the mystery at the 'instigation' of one of my quilting buddies (Susan) who is also doing it. I've been quilting for over 30 years, and almost entirely work from my designs. I have a website where some of my patterns are offered for free, and am working towards getting submitting patterns for possible publication this year - a long time dream of mine.

The 'theme' that I'm working with is "Just use it up". Susan suggested this because I'm working with a set of FQ's that I've had forever and haven't used....and I want them used up and outta here. I've finished the first two parts and have added a picture to the right of what it looks like so far. In case you were wondering why these had sat in the stash for so long...I don't normally work with Pastels....Usually it's colors like red, white & blue or jewel tones..... However, I need a couple of baby quilts this year and I thought this might be a great one to work into one of those.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does.

Moia

9 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Congrats on joining, and being all caught up at the same time! That's why most of us are here, to use up some of our stash, and learn new things along the way.

dq said...

Welcome Moira, your theme is so perfectly clever and opens you up to ANYTHING! I see your four flying geese in your star and love how they also add to your block 2. Your hexagon technique in a rectangle is also lovely.

Ann T. said...

Love your blocks. You either have been thinking about this and working toward it, or spent the day catching up. Either way, thanks for joining us, and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It looks great, Moira! I can see *somebody* has been paper piecing again. I guess I won't break you of that nasty habit. LOL. Love the hexagon that isn't.

Moira said...

Hey.....I only pp'd the second block Susan! lol...as for the hex...no one said it had to look like a hex. you know I don't like marching to the same drum as everyone else...heh heh.
Ann T. - I had been thinking about it since Susan brought it up...just took a few days to actually sign up, but made everythign today. =)

Thanks DQ and Ann Marie for the welcome!

Annmarie said...

I'm jealous - you just joined & you're already caught up. I'm not! Love your blocks & I think the pastels are great.

Marie said...

Welcome to our group. We are so happy to have you join us. Your block looks great--very nicely done and I like the pastels.

lynne said...

yep, yep, yep to all that the others have said ;o) can't wait to see this grow, and to get to know you~

dorine said...

Welcome Moira! You do beautiful work! I love your colors and patterns. So good to have you with us!