CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ann Marie's rule #1

Oh I am glad it is done. I am not happy with it. But I am not fixing it either. I made this block because I wanted to learn to do the curved flying geese. No problem it is paper pieced, except I forgot to make sure I had enough for seam allowances on both sides. So that means cut off points. :(  I also ripped more stitches out of this block on the rest of it, than I have put into full lap size quilts. If it looks wavy, it is, it does not lay flat either, I think it is because the inner circle needed to be 1/4 inch bigger..............URGHHHH!!! But it is done, and I am using it. My New Years Resolution was to use up all my scraps this year, this block added more scraps to those bins, that I actually have left in the block. Oh well, it will be a great story to tell when it is in the middle of the quilt, crooked at that. So here is the block that has given me more problems than I have ever had before. Let clue #2 come my way, because I am not going to make this one so dang hard on myself.

10 comments:

Annmarie said...

That is a beautiful block. I've never seen circular geese before. And don't worry - a few wrinkles gives it character!

dq said...

YOu certainly went to a great deal of work. I love the creativity involved and the Batiks since that is what I'm using as well.

dorine said...

Hopefully anything that doesn't lay perfectly flat will quilt out. It is a beautiful design, and the colors are very striking. A lot of work, but worth it!

Betty C said...

That looks like it was a lot of work. Pretty fabrics. I am sure it will be fine when you quilt it.

Ann T. said...

I love it. The circular flying geese are very attrive. Hopefully when you get some other blocks attached, it will flatten out. And, like Dorine said, it will probably quilt out.

lynne said...

i am with everyone else in that it will quilt out...that is one of my favorite sayings when it comes to quilting LOL and, who the heck cares anyway??? it is GORGEOUS! and you are to be proud of your accomplishmenst and that you attempted something new--bravo!!!

Marie said...

I've never attempted circular flying geese. They look pretty hard to do, but they are wonderful. Very nice block!

Felicity said...

Wow!

Ann T. said...

OOPS, too bad comments doesn't have spell check. I meant attractive. Sorry

Anonymous said...

That's very pretty, even if it isn't flat, and it may flatten in time - put it under a pile of books? It challenged you, and that's always good. You may have more scraps, but you have more knowledge, too.