CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello from Marie

Hi, I'm Marie and I belong to the quilting group called Daughters of Dorinda.  I have 4 daughters, 4 son's in law and 16 grandchildren.  I've been blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom.  Now that the children are all out of the nest, quilting has become my love--well next to my wonderful husband of course.  My husband retired a few months ago and we're making the transition by trying to get our home ready to sell so that we can move closer to a couple of our daughters and downsize. 

I've been quilting for a few years and am addicted to it.  I'm excited to do this mystery project and have chosen my theme to be "Optical Illusions".  I purchased fabric for a black background and the rest of my fabrics are coming from my stash.  Hopefully I won't have to buy much more fabric than what I have.  It will be fun to see what everyone else does.  This will be FUN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to see how you interpret that one! This should be really interesting! Thanks to all of you for putting this together.

dorine said...

Can't wait to see what you are doing. It sounds like maybe a stack and whack would fit in there. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be beautiful!