CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hi, I am Ann

I am Ann. Since Ann Marie does not know us, this will be new to her, but the rest of you know who I am.
I am the oldest sister to Marie and Dorine, and cousins to the rest of the Dorinda group. I started quilting when I was living with our grandparents in 1964. After I started my family, I only made baby quilts for a lot of years. Now I am fully involved with the Daughters of Dorinda and am loving doing family projects and projects of my own. I have been married to my husband for 42 years. We have 5 children, 4 girls and boy (women and a man) and within the next 10-12 weeks our 12th grandchild will be born. This baby is a girl and will round out the count at 6 of each. Our oldest daughter lives in Washington State, and her 4 children are 10-18. The boys on the ends and 2 girls in between. The rest all live within 70 miles of us. Our second daughter has 1 little boy and the new baby coming. Our third daughter has 4 children, 3 girls and a boy. Our son does not have any children, but has LOTS of horses. And our youngest daughter has 2 boys, 3 & 4 -years old.
My career has been in nursing, and I specialized in the Emergency Department. The last 6 years of my career I was the clinical educator for the department at our local hospital. I retired just over a year ago, and my addiction to quilting has become full blown. Since this is probably the last grandchild we will have, I am now working on queen-size to give to each of the grandchildren. I started with a graduation quilt for the oldest grandson, so that will probably be where I will get the quilts to them.
I am going to do a country theme, either in fall colors or a winter landscape, and I plan to use fabric from my stash to do as much as I can. Might as well trim it down and have fun doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing, first, if you chose fall or winter, and, second, who gets this quilt!