CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Carrie's Full Block #2

And I just realized TODAY is the 28th and I can show my entire block #2....in my excitement the date got away from me (that and my daughter being home form school 1/2 day!)

So, here is the full block #2:



The hexagon star is paper pieced, and then I pieced random strips of beige backgrounds around it log cabin style. Two skinny end borders finished it off into a 12x8 rectangle. Each and every fabric is a scrap.

Here are blocks #1 and #2 together.



Having them now pieced together makes me really like block #1 more...and I am prefectly giddy that I've bought nothing new and have already ended up with a colorful happy beginning to my Scrappy Anything.

8 comments:

lynne said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! don't you just love using scraps? i do! yours definitely IS a colorful happy beginning, and the blocks look so happy together don't they?

Marie said...

Great interpretation of the rule. Your blocks do look great together. I love that you are using your stash.

dorine said...

I love it too, especially with the two put together. Way to go!

Annmarie said...

Your quit is going to be very colorful -the brighter the better!

Ann T. said...

Cute, cute cute. I love how everyone's block are so different and how they are all coming together!

dq said...

These quilts are turning out so much better than I ever imagined! Your scrappy blocks are so breathtaking. I hope others can see what a person can do with just leftovers.

crickets said...

That's how I feel too. It's amazing to think I almost threw some bags of literally scraps away - unsorted and all just thrown in a couple of plastic bags. I took some time a few weeks ago to sort them just by color to see if there was anything worth saving. What I found was a treasure! I've only use a teeny bit of what I have for these blocks...it's literally making something from what looked like nothing.

Unknown said...

WOWsers! How colorful and precise! Nice job!