CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Hi it is Ann Marie

I always love a challenge so I decided I would join in this mystery one. I had a 2 year absence from my sewing room, so in October I decided that had to change. I went up there and started clearing it out. It seems to have turned into a storage room over those 2 years, had to dust everything off too. What a mess it was up there. Well I have been working almost every day cleaning it up and clearing it out. Reorganized everything too. It was like Christmas (early) moving all my fabric from the one wall to book shelves I added to my room, I found so much I didn't even know I had or had forgotten about.  As I was doing all this, I discovered TONS of scraps, I mean boxes and boxes of them (16x16x16 size) so back in October I made my New Years Resolution. To clear out all my scraps, and work mainly from my stash too. I have never been much of a scrappy quilt kinda gal, but that has changed in the past 2  months while doing other mystery quilts, and working on other challenges in blog land.  I think my theme was stars in stars because I couldn't think of anything else at the time, and I knew if I didn't send off the email right then, it wouldn't have gotten done. Can't wait to see what we end up doing, and what everyone's quilts looks like when we are finished. Let the cutters and sewing machines start their mission!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Welcome Ann Marie. We are thrilled to have you join us. I never would have thought of "star in a star" for a theme, and I love it. I can't wait to get started and see what everyone comes up with. Congrats on getting your sewing room organized. That's a great accomplishment in itself. Mine needs some work!

dq said...

Ann Marie,

I love your theme, but you could certainly change it before we begin if you wanted to now that you've had time to think about it.

I had several ideas and finally had to just pick one and go for it.

Ann T. said...

Hi Ann Marie,
Isn't it amazing what we find when we start cleaning. Glad you had the inspiration to get back to quilting. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's projects.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun getting organized. So happy to see you quilting again, even though I don't know you. I look forward to seeing your stars or whatever you change it to. I love scrappy!